Monday, June 13, 2022

Friday To Monday

 

 

I think I've found someone to take the clay off my hands, so I can abandon trying to master a clay project before I get the oldies in the craft group to do it. Instead, we made travel sewing cases on Friday.  The original, which I found on Pinterest, has a layer of fabric with a felt lining, but to simplify things, I just used felt. It means there's nowhere to hide! So I made the stitches decorative. We'll be making more this week, which saves me thinking up something else. 


I spent Saturday morning at the market. It was quiet, maybe because it was a chilly day, but I sold a pair of socks and  some gloves, a couple of puppets... I also have orders for two pairs of fingerless gloves. I bought an assortment of things, from pansy seedlings to peppercorns, and had some very interesting conversations. 


Sunday  I made a start on the gloves. I hope to finish later today. 


This morning I made an owl towl for the second towel ordered. I had to box clever (as my father would say) to do the 'ears', cutting them out from the bit I cut off the top, and backing them with black felt. The label says the colour is 'charcoal' and I didn't have anything else to match it. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the owl. My favourite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that owl! The travel sewing cases are cute, and I've found a stash of felt that I could use. It pays to de-clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sewing cases are just so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete