Thursday, June 23, 2022

Needle Threaders And Case

 


The members of the craft group that I help all like sewing, but some of them struggle to thread the needles necessary to do it! Yesterday my neighbour brought me two needle threaders to help with the job. Wikihow has a tutorial explaining exactly how to use the needle threaders.

Our project for this week is a little felt case. The Pinterest entry came from Never Not Knitting  though I can't find it on the website itself. I just copied the picture. I saw another picture on Pinterest where someone else had done the same and used the little case as a home for her tape measure. I can't find it again either, but I think it's a good idea. I thought it would be a good place to keep the little needle threaders too:



8 comments:

  1. Great idea. I use the self threading needles but appreciate that not everybody likes them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I’d forgotten those. I have a few I use for tatting ends hiding. Very precious, so I’m not willing to donate them to the cause!

      Delete
  2. I struggle threading needles too. The big watershed moment for me was when a Materials Engineer explained that needles are typical stamped and thus, can have a rougher, sharper edge to the eye. Many times, if I have trouble getting the thread through the eye, I'll spin the needle so that I'm trying to push the thread through the opposite way. Sometimes it really does work! Along with a good threader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, very interesting,thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

      Delete
  3. I love those needle threaders, great invention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little box and love your idea to use it as a box for threaders! Might have to copy your idea 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. A small box is always necessary and can sometimes hide treasures. Fine strawberry.

    ReplyDelete