Tuesday, April 26, 2022

And A Hat

 

I know I criticised the Cloudburst Pattern in my previous post, but the gloves have turned out really well. 

Sarah, my fellow market stall holder, put pictures of my socks and gloves on her mailing group on Saturday evening and I got an immediate response, which was gratifying! Some one wants the Leaves gloves and asked for a hat to go with them. I sent her photos of various patterns I found and she plumped for Fishtail Hat Pattern, by Gail Bable. 


I spun the wool on Sunday and should finish knitting today. I spent all yesterday morning in the kitchen, making jam and helping a small boy make biscuits, otherwise it would be done already. 


6 comments:

  1. You are knitting up a storm! The hat goes well with the gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news and the hat looks wonderful already 💙💜💙 This is a pattern I made at least 3 times - twice for pullovers and once as a single panel on a tunic/blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice pattern that requires a pleasant level of concentration!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news! It must be gratifying see your hand-spun and hand-knit going to someone who really wants the hat and gloves. Is the small boy the curious sewer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It’s school holidays here now so he’s spending a bit of time with me while his mum is at work.

      Delete
  4. The hat and gloves make a very elegant set.

    ReplyDelete