Monday, February 3, 2020

Tie A (Slip) Knot In It

After a lot of toing and froing we are now resettled in our own house. I've been AWOL from here because I've had no access to the internet. At last fibre has been put in and we are reconnected to the world.

I decided I needed a pair of pot holders for my 'new' kitchen. I've made several pairs as gifts, but never made any for myself. I don't know if it's because I was working with 4-ply cotton instead of the double knit that I usually use, but the loop left at the end of each row, when swapping to the other colour, kept disappearing. I tried various strategies, such as putting the yarn ball inside the loop, and eventually hit on the best solution. Tie a slip knot in the loop:
The knot prevents the work from unraveling, but when the time comes to use that colour again, one tug removes it. Problem solved.

12 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back! I was just thinking the other day that you had been gone for a long time.
    Pretty Purple Potholders too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you seamlessly slip in a tip 😍😃
    The pair looks gorgeous - even better in this thinner thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back, Jane. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you’re back! Beautiful potholders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever! I'll have to keep your tip in mind when working with more than one color. It's good to see a post from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever! I usually use a removable stitch marker, but I prefer your solution and will do that from now on. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated Happy New Year, pleased to have you back! Gorgeous coloured pot holders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see you back online! Beautiful texture! Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to have your back with us,
    I should say Happy New year
    Lovely pot holders love the tow colours together

    ReplyDelete