Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Measuring

With a pattern like this one, I can count the number of repeats to make a bracelet or a necklace. I write myself a note on the pattern so that I don't have to go through the same thought process over and over. But with a very short pattern repeat, it's not practical to count repeats. I came up with another way of measuring - comparing the string of beads with the length of my beading tray:
A key ring decoration, with a circumference of 5 beads, requires one and a half trays; a 6 bead bracelet two and a half trays and an 8 bead bracelet three and a half trays. It's not terribly exact, of course, but it gives me some idea.

8 comments:

  1. Great bracelet!! :)
    It's neat to see how we all come up with things that work for us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent tip!!! I use your tip about counting/guestimating seed beads by the thread length segments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are resourceful! I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love your designs and processes to create 🦋💐🦋

    ReplyDelete