Friday, October 11, 2019

Ninetta's Stacked Rings


With shuttles and beads handy after yesterday's pearl tatting experiments, it was a good time to try out Ninetta's stacked rings with beads. It would take a bit of practice to get it looking good, but I think I have it. Watching Ninettta's video definitely helped.

  God's Kid Sue suggested using the technique to make something similar to the crochet beaded ropes I've been making. It might be possible to do it using a technique with chains perhaps, but I think having that many beads on a shuttle would be impractical. Or am I just being feeble?

14 comments:

  1. I spent entire yesterday trying to get a beaded cord with my stacked SR method. Experiments, tweaks, untatting, retro tatting , stringing beads, ugh!!! Without the right match of materials and tools, it can be a nightmare !
    Hats off to you 🎩🎩🎩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hats off to me, I just used Ninetta’s method!

      Delete
    2. I was complimenting you on your heavily beaded crochet cords. And y'day I struggled with my method - haven't tried Nin's yet (both methods are similar as stack rings and stacked split rings)

      Delete
  2. I'll have to watch the video to get a full understanding of how this is done. Your effort looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled to understand until I watched the video.

      Delete
  3. Feeble is not a word that comes to mind when I think of you! Would a big shuttle like a Tatsy inspire you? If they aren’t available in South Africa or you don’t have one already , I have a spare, I could send you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't sure if it could be done, but Ninetta's made me think of yours. ;)
    Those look pretty to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about this bracelet all last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great effect of Ninetta's, especially off-setting the rings. Are you aware that Teri Dusenbury stacked rings in the 1990s? If you can find her book of Butterflies (Dover publication) you'll see stacked butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that’s interesting, no I didn’t know that. Did you let Ninetta know?

      Delete
  7. Looks good, I like this new idea and will be trying it too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for tatting that, it's few beads compared with your crochet ropes, still a nice effect!

    ReplyDelete