Friday, February 24, 2012
Using the thread
These are two of the thread colours I dyed yesterday. I'm working on a teashower. The motif is by Anne Bruvold . I will put one like this in each corner, and then join six of them to make a larger motif for the middle.
In my previous incarnation as a tatter, I used to use net to make teashowers. The problem was that they disintegrated rather rapidly, which was a shame after all the work they involved! So now I use organza. It is more robust, but has the drawback that it's slippery, so has a tendency to slide off whatever it is it's supposed to be covering. I'm thinking of using the dangly beads on a tape to make a weight for each corner. It will probably involve some experimentation, as last time I used the dangly beads.