Saturday, September 12, 2015

Yet Another Colour Conundrum

I'm working on the first sleeve of my cardigan. I'm using two balls of yarn, knitting two rows with each ball to avoid having very wide stripes in one colour. That's all well and good until the colours on the balls coincide. Then using two balls actually makes the problem worse! That lot of green looks completely different to the front and back of the cardigan and there were two lots of orange coming up. What to do, what to do? I knitted all evening, but when I came back to it this morning I decided I couldn't live with it. I undid a chunk, cut one ball and rejoined it with an orange section coming up instead of a green.
That's the little ball on the left. I hope that'll do the trick for a while.

7 comments:

  1. This pattern is so much prettier knitted up than in the pattern pic. Great recovery on the sleeve. I'm looking forward to the finish. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have done that with tatting, on variegated colors so I think you did great with knitting and making it happen, just as you imagined it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Hurts to undo until you start the correction then it just feels so right. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the transition you chose. It seems like you've had to make a lot of decisions with this sweater, all leading to the perfect sweater for you!

    ReplyDelete