Monday, October 28, 2013

Crinoline Ladies

This lady, designed by Heather the Tarnished Tatter, is intended for needle tatting. I've read that any shuttle pattern can be made with needles, but I don't know if the reverse is true! Anyway, this lady can be made with shuttles. At 15 cm, she's too tall for my purposes. I could use a finer thread, but there are rather too many cut and ties for my liking. For anyone looking for the pattern, which I have had on my computer for ages,  this is Tatted Lady no 2.

I went on the search for another pattern and eventually found this one, Miss Caroline, the Crinoline Belle, by Martha Ess:
I struggled a bit with the very long chains, perhaps because the Milford thread is very twisted. But I do like Miss Caroline, so I'll have another go at her. She is 10 cm tall, so she'll work for what I have in mind.

4 comments:

  1. Both are pretty Jane.
    I wonder if you used a combination of regular ds and lock stitches or some double double stitches in those chains if it would tame the twistiness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's an idea, thanks. I tried using double double stitches but that made things worse!

      Delete