Friday, January 6, 2023

Knitting, Yes; Sewing, No

 

On Wednesday I sewed four puppets and thought I was well on my way to fulfilling the order for ten, and restocking. Alas, no. Our electricity was off all day on Thursday and all day on Friday, there was no chance to keep sewing puppets. Instead I knitted Jack's pullover. Once I was past the yoke, it was very easy knitting, round and round, all knit stitch. 


This is how it looked after I'd used two balls. It's clear that five balls of yarn will be ample to complete the garment. So I abandoned my plan to knit the sleeves before finishing the body. I won't have to put all those stitches on a holder if I do the body and then go on to knit the sleeves. 

The electricity is on, so I had better get back to my sewing machine. 

2 comments:

  1. What a PAIN not being able to get to the sewing. The jumper is looking good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a frustration to have the electricity on and off so often!!
    Love seeing your bath puppets!! :)
    Looks like great progress on your sweater!! :)

    ReplyDelete