Saturday, January 9, 2021

Framed

 


I finished pixelating and then worked two rounds of treble (double crochet in US terms) to neaten the edges. I blocked the piece by lightly steaming it - thanks to Jane Eborall for that tip. I then used my sewing machine to attach it to two pieces of calico fabric, which was very brave of me - once upon a time I've had done it by hand! I inserted a folded piece of fabric that I cut off when I shortened curtains for the spare room. Voila, a cushion for a veranda chair:




6 comments:

  1. That looks GREAT. Bet you're pleased with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I've only attached fabric to crochet once, and that was way back in college. I had no sewing machine, so it was done by hand. Kudos to you for being so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful!!! :)
    You are super creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so lovely! But, I'd hesitate to actually sit in it! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cushion! A lot of work with so many tiny squares (and all those ends to weave in!). :-)

    ReplyDelete