Monday, April 1, 2019

Stage One

The blanket is now the same size as the previous flower blanket.   I could leave it as it is and begin a red border. Or I could continue my quest to use up the green yarn! There are still 8 balls of green:
One ball is enough for 7 squares, so I have 56 squares to play with. I could make the blanket square, 12 by 12. Or I could add two rows to length and breadth to make 11 by 14. Decisions, decisions....

As it's international tatting day, I had a go at tatting Daniela Mendosa's Mimosa knot. I failed miserably. I have a tangle of knots. In spite of Daniela's clear video. An April Fool is what I feel like!

6 comments:

  1. 11 x 14 sounds snugglier, no good reason why.
    I thought i’d Give the Mimosa a try too after work today although if it didn’t work for you, I don’t hold much hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variegated flower petals!!! :)
    It really makes them seem more like a real flower instead of a solid color which looks flat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a bountiful supply of green yarn! I would go for the rectangular size. I'm really in to rectangles lately! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer rectangular blankets/afghans, too.
    Tried the mimosa, and it's a combo of different stitches/techniques - very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be the sole advocate for a square blanket! It's a lovely green, you might as well carry on with your blanket. However you arrange the squares.

    ReplyDelete