An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Thursday, March 22, 2018
I had hoped that increasing the picot size after part of the way round, as I explained here, would result in the whole round lying flat. Mmm, no, the first part still stood up, in a most unsatisfactory way:
I didn't want to redo the whole round, of course, so I cut out the section that wasn't lying flat:
I had to hide ends on both sides of the cut, and create two artificial picots, one on the previous round, where I had climbed out of the round, and one on the ring that became the first ring - it had been joined to a ring that was snipped, and I needed a picot to make the final join to. That was simple enough. Once that was done, I could work a replacement section, and, phew, the whole round now lies flat. Just in time for round 9, which Renata has now published.
Thinking about it, I suspect that my joining picots in earlier rounds were too long and that's why the picots in this round have had to be very long. I hope the next round won't require adjustments!