Monday, January 4, 2016

Glitz and Glamour

I received a parcel  from my sister-in-law yesterday , a wonderful display of glitz and glamour. Clare and my nieces went to an Alexander McQueen show a few months ago. Cameras and notebooks were strictly forbidden so Clare bought some postcards for me. The yarn is made from recycled sari material - I like that idea and like the yarn. I'm thinking of ways to use it. Some of the beads are Clare's handmade glass. Wonderful pastels that look good enough to eat!

5 comments:

  1. Oooooo glorious goodies .... sure to end up as some gorgeous tatting pieces !!!
    I know that recycled saree thread is sold in the US (seen it somewhere on the net years back - she used to recycle them into boas, scarves, etc. too) . Are you thinking of embroidering or tatting with it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of knitting a scarf. I have a pattern designed for a multicolour yarn. I'll have to see if it works as well as I imagine.

      Delete
  2. Craft gifts are always a joy to receive. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, such a lovely gift. I've seen this sari yarn and often wondered what it is like to use. I shall be interested to see what you do with it.
    Broiny
    x

    ReplyDelete