Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tatilicious Socks


The heading may seem a little puzzling, seeing as there's no tatting on these socks, but it refers to the fact that these socks are for Jess from Tat-ilicious. This is my favourite lace stitch for socks. It's basically a K2, P2 rib, so it's elastic and fits well, but it's a bit more interesting than a plain rib.  Here's how it goes:
Round 1: P2, K2 to end
Round 2: P2, yarn over, K2 together to end
Round 3: P2, K2 to end
Round 4: P2, K2 together, yarn around needle to end


8 comments:

  1. They look squishy and cosy; are they toe-up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No,I worked them top down, mainly because I'm going to make a matching pair for Livy, and that would be a teeny toe to begin with.

      Delete
  2. The look like something Jess would love! Now my fingers are itching to knit some socks. I think I'll wait until the humidity is lower, though. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, knitting in summer is not always fun. Don't wait until your toes are cold tho!

      Delete
  3. very pretty socks, and they do look Tatilicous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely socks Jane! I like this pattern, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them! I'm so excited about them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo - I'm so jealous! Tell Jess to bring them & show off at Tat Days!

    ReplyDelete