Saturday, August 18, 2012

South African Socks


Jess from Tat-ilicious asked me to make socks for her fiance in the colours of the South African flag. Here they are, temporarily displayed on my husband's rather lumpy feet. How did I do the toes? I did the top part first, working back and forth in rows, using three little balls of yarn. Then I did the underside, knitting the last stitch in each row together with a loop from the upper side. Fiddly, but effective.

On another subject, twice this morning I have tried to comment on other blogs and had my verification that I'm not a robot rejected! Perhaps I'm a robot. I may go back to Jon's blog, but am not going to go back to Tatting Fool's. Luckily both were very short comments.

5 comments:

  1. Love the socks! I'm almost in the mood to knit again... almost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I am so excited about the socks! I'm going to have to get a picture of all three of us together wearing our special socks. :o) Thank you again for doing this for me.
    :o)
    That's too bad about the commenting, that's why I don't have that pesky verification on my commenting. My glasses broke a while back and seeing is already a task. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. They'll start their journey to you next time I go to town.

      Since it's possible to vet comments before they show, I can't see the necessity for the verification.

      Delete