Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Magic Loop knitting, part 2


The market stall lady didn't like my elegant socks (shock, horror) but she wants  more wristlets. I thought they'd be the perfect thing for practicing magic loop knitting. This Blackrose pattern by Suzi Anvin is originally designed for magic loop knitting. I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I found that having a bit of knitting to hang on to made it easier to slide the stitches back and forth, so when I started the second wristlet I felt like an absolute beginner all over again. 

2 comments:

  1. Shock, horror, what's not to love about the socks? Thanks for talking about the magic loop knitting. I'm returning to knitting after many years, with many new tricks to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, isn't it? You'd think by now knitting was pretty well explored, but new equipment, like circular needles, lead to new techniques. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete