Thursday, October 24, 2024

Someone Else's Stash

 


I had a phone call from an acquaintance yesterday asking if I was home. I was. She arrived with several carrier bags of yarn for me, and two half done garments, a cardigan and a sleeveless pullover, which she asked me to complete. She's moving to a smaller home and needs to downsize. My heart sank a bit. It's a generous gift, and what I can't use I'll pass on to knitters at the retirement home. But I'm going to feel guilty until I finish the knitting, which I have neither the time nor the inclination to do right now. 

I have an order for another 10 tatted lavender bunches. I'd like to deliver 5 on Saturday, so I worked on those yesterday and put the food cover on hold.  As I tatted, I listened to a series of podcasts, Visible Women on Tortoise media. It was very interesting. Apparently, women are less safe in cars than men, because crash test dummies are based on male bodies. Men's pyjamas have pockets, but women's don't. Who knew? 


No comments:

Post a Comment