Friday, October 18, 2024

Daisy Doodle And More

 


The lady who ordered the third food cover said she wants daisies on it. I fiddled with stitch counts and different constructions until I came up with this. I'm sure there are similar patterns out there, but I'm not going to scour the internet looking for them. I'm all for protecting copyright, but I think the Just Tatting site on Facebook gets a bit carried away when it comes to people independently coming up with similar designs.  

I showed Chantelle the daisy; she likes it, and is happy to have other flowers on the food cover too. I thought I might do 'bouquets' in the corners and scattered daisies in the centre. Where to begin? I started with Jane Eborall's This Way And That Way pattern. If you look at the pattern, you'll see it's a snowflake! It looks like a flower to me, but to emphasise its floweriness, I did muskaan's leaf to put alongside them.


I love both these patterns, and they're both copyright-worthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment