Saturday, September 14, 2024

Two Finishes

 


I'm done with Wiosna 2024, thanks very much Renata for the pattern. I haven't completed the doily, but it's already slightly too big for the space I want it for. I'm glad to have it done, it's been a UFO for a few months while I was busy with other things. One of the ladies in my knit'n'natter group boasts about how many unfinished projects she has, but I like to finish before I move on! 

I finished another project this morning, the knee blanket in waffle stitch:


I stand by my opinion that the yarn colour is not well suited to waffle stitch, but I carried on regardless and it's done. Summer has arrived, so I may need to put it away for a while before I find someone who needs a knee rug, but it was an excellent take along project, so the timing is secondary. 

3 comments:

  1. Your doily is lovely! Waffle stitch is one of my favorite patterns. I do prefer a solid color to show off the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a great feeling reaching the finish line and this time with two projects! Love the doily and since the waffle stitch takes up quite a bit of yarn, turns out warmer than some others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to stop before I continue. Still, I now have 2 unfinished projects, one tatting and the other knitting. Not too much in my opinion. I love your doily.

    ReplyDelete