Tuesday, October 26, 2021

A Touch Of Yellow

 


 On Sunday I decided I'd whip up a new dress for Summer. Foolish thought - I never whip up anything! By the time I'd fiddled with pattern pieces to get the best fit, neatened seams, adjusted gathers, et cetera et cetera, two days had gone. But a new summer dress I do have. It turns out to be surprisingly difficult to photograph, but here's my best shot:


When I'd finished, I thought it lacked a little something, so I added patch pockets. I sewed tatting to the bottom of the skirt and the top of the pockets. This is my handbag tatting that has been lurking since I finished it. There's a link to the pattern in that blog post. 



8 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and cool. I haven't made anything in the clothes department for years.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the perfect summer dress, and I love the way you've incorporated tatting! You're several steps ahead of me... I still have the unopened pattern for the dress I was going to "whip up" for summer. I even have the fabric pre-washed and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Your summer dress looks light and airy and the tatting is the perfect accent. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool summery dress and Love the touch of yellow. 🧡💛🧡💛🧡

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks perfect for summer. And yes, pockets and tatting are a must in my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A touch of sun in a summer dress.

    ReplyDelete