Saturday, June 17, 2017

Beret Begun

I'm making good progress on the beret. The written pattern, Peach Spring Beret by Wika, doesn't explain the 'bobble stitch', so I had to look at the video that goes with the pattern. I try to avoid videos because my internet connection isn't really up to the job and they tend to keep 'freezing', and because they use up my data allowance in double quick time. But it is  possible for me to watch one, so I clicked on the link and learnt how to work the petals in 'bobble stitch'.

7 comments:

  1. P.S. this makes me feel especially grateful for my completely taken for granted internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I would have to look up a bobble stitch as well. I know I've made them, but I'm not good at remembering seldom-used techniques. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a slow Internet connection. I could sign up for better access, but I'd rather spend my money on tatting supplies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Beret and I do not know the bobble stitch either. It is always amazing what we can so easily (even if slowly) access thru the internet. This color makes me want raspberry sherbet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's looking fabulous already!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful pattern and working !!! I'm dying to see the rest of the pattern !
    Totally understand about slow connections, etc. Mine gives me so much trouble (erratic) that sometimes I actually SEE time slipping away as I blog hop and leave comments, waiting for pages to load, etc. Now I doubly appreciate your comments on my blog. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete