Thursday, April 3, 2014

First Step for Tilly

A friend gave me this book at the weekend. It's by Rosalie Quinlan and Melanie Hurlston - I don't think I've seen a book before where the authors' names are not on the cover. It's good timing because I've been planning to make a doll for my granddaughter. I like the step by step instructions in the book. But the first step was a little disingenuous. Trace all the pieces from page 125 it said, failing to mention that the pieces on page 125 are half size. My copier doesn't have an enlarge function. I had to scan the page and print it; roughly cut out the pieces; scan them individually; crop each scan (essential!); enlarge each piece; and then print it. So I now have the pieces for Tilly, but have yet to begin step 2.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your doll when you have done it. Not heard of this book interesting they did not put their names on it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it may be hard to beleive but that is another love of mine is making dolls but haven't made one in years, this looks like a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very experienced in making toys, I might have to come to you for advice!

      Delete