Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I Give Up

OK, I'm tired of peering at a tiny graph and trying to distinguish between two very similar shades. I know from experience that if you put a cross stitch in the wrong place you throw everything out. Why on earth I thought I could wing it in 'freestyle' I don't know. When I came to put light pink in, it didn't fit at all. I couldn't even make it fit.  I'm going to use this much clearer graph from a book I've had for many years. First I must sort out the new phone I bought yesterday, put in contacts and so on, which is also likely to be frustrating!

13 comments:

  1. Give up? You? Sorry I don't believe you. Good luck with the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freestyle is not my thing when it comes to cross stitch. I have to follow the graph with the exact colors or it's a complete mess. Good luck with your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pity ! But can I say I told you so I told you so - pleeease, pretty please ? JK :-P
    Hope your new phone cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered about freestyle crossstitch but you are so talented, I figured it would work. The other butterfly is lovely too. Good luck with your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured you would get it, but that's ok. I am sure the next butterfly will be awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some phones have a magnification setting on them. (iPhones and some Androids have this.) Also, if you take a picture with your phone camera of the pattern, you can easily blow it up on the phone.

    From a techie tatter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking. I did try to do that on my tablet but it's not really clear enough.

      Delete
  7. My sympathies! I recall when that scenario played out very badly in my living room... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a free app call youDoodle+ for my cross stitch and knitting charts. Take a photo of the chart, make it as big as you need, you can colour it in, mark as done, and mark the colour thread you leave to carry on to another bit. Best wishes with your project. More info on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cross stitch patterns can put you off sometimes, the colours are so similar, I find enlarging the images does help, I am sure that you will find a pattern that works for you.

    ReplyDelete