Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Salvaged


I thought I'd replace the centre chains in motif 34 with lock chains. The idea is fine, but the chains were much too long. Hmmm. After some thought, I snipped each lock chain near the centre ring, unraveled it and then secured the ends. That's easier said than done, trust me.  Lock chains are difficult and time-consuming to undo. The sensible option would've been to throw the motif in the bin! Oh well, it's done. I redid the motif with shorter lock chains, using the same colours in reverse:

10 comments:

  1. She really made some beautiful patterns to think of what you can do to them :) you know I only thought of replacing with beads but you sure got creative! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a lot of work, but the end result is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave !!! They're called "lock" chain for a reason ;-)
    But all your efforts were well worth it .... Both versions look very pretty !
    I think the motifs are getting more and more beautiful as you work through the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well worth the effort. Of course for a finer 'fit' you could do so many whole lock chains followed by a half. Just saying - please don't hit me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only one word to use brave, the bin would have been my option.
    It's now a lovely motif and beautiful colours too.
    Magaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fabulous motif!!! :)
    I love the top and bottom pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done. I learn so much from my mistakes, mostly how to fix them.

    ReplyDelete