Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Better

Thanks very much to everyone who gave me advice yesterday on motif 28. I had another go. The first step was to make sure that the first round lay flat. I increased the picot size and shortened the chains from 8 ds to 6 ds. Right. On the second round, I took muskaan's advice and used lock joins instead of Teiko Fujito's 'outer thread joining method'. I was careful not to snug the lock join up too tightly. Much better. Muskaan has done a lot of work on different types of joins, The lock join does give a colour blip, but that's much less of a problem than a ruffled motif.

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty little motif, I like it in those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Isn't it wonderful how the Tatting community banded together to work out this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would never have guessed it was a join issue. It's really very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful colours - really bring out the flower !
    I'm so glad it all worked out - 3rd time lucky ?!
    The colour blips from LJ actually add to the effect here !
    Together we make lace .... :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look much better. It's nice to have tatting friends to help with trouble like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I'm glad Muskaan was able to find the solution to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much better, looks like it is laying perfectly flat this time. Glad you were able to find a solution to the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty... you obviously found your glitch! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I've used Jane E's description of "Blip-less Joins" and got rid of the blip. There are so many tricks out there. It sometimes amazes me that we are working with simple string.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh love this motif, seems you have solved the ruffles. Muskaan is so generous with her talents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Because I am not able to tat, I am amazed at what you create and what you critique and then correct. Your tatting is stunning!

    ReplyDelete