Monday, August 17, 2026

I've Made A Start

 


Right, I've committed to using the Kaffe Fassett kit and made a start. It feels a bit like that game where you rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time, but it is doable. I'm carrying the background thread of each square across the diamond and using a weaver knot to join in each thread. The rat's nest method works well:

Just pull out the thread you want to work with and don't worry what the rest looks like. I have woven in all the ends, but I know it's best not to cut them off too soon, or they tend to poke through to the front. 

I took the little sample I showed in the previous post to a knit'n'natter session on Friday. One of the people there suggested that I make a short sleeved cardigan. I think that's a really good idea. The yarn is a fine cotton, so the garment is never going to be warm. Making a cardigan that could be worn as a top makes more sense than the long sleeved coat of the pattern. 



No comments:

Post a Comment