Monday, April 20, 2026

A Bit Small

 


The wool is spun and I'm ready to knit fingerless gloves for next month's market. I wanted to try Celtic Knot Fingerless Gloves from Start Knitting website. I did think the number of stitches was a bit low, but since it's a complicated pattern, I thought I'd best knit it as written to begin with. Hmm. I have small hands and it's a very tight squeeze for me, so I don't think this would be good for the market stall. I worked out mentally how to make a bigger size, but when I came to knit, I realised that in order to get the ribbing to flow into the cable pattern, I would have to add 16 stitches. That's 56 stitches, which I think should be alright, given that cabling pulls the work in a bit. So I'm going around again:


Of course, I could have just knitted on bigger needles, but I didn't want it to look too loose. I hope this will work. 

5 comments:

  1. You took the right decision! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps too small to sell; however, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cables are always beautiful. It's worth putting them all up for sale, maybe there will be smaller and larger buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comparison between these techniques. It really clarifies which one to choose.

    ReplyDelete