Monday, February 6, 2023

Holiday Knitting

 


I enjoyed knitting Jack's pullover so much that I decided to buy some more 'Classic Wool' (80% acrylic, 20% wool) to knit myself a top down cardigan. I had thought I'd adapt the same pattern, but Jane Eborall's comments about using German short rows to shape the neck gave me pause for thought. Perhaps I'd be better to use a dedicated cardigan pattern. Finding a pattern took me down a rabbit hole, but I eventually decided on Namdalen Jacket by Drops Design. I cast on before we left, but did most of the knitting you see on our trip. 

I couldn't for the life of me understand the instructions for the decorative section. If I'd been at home, I might have done further research, but as it was, I fudged it and created the honeycomb pattern with a needle and separate thread. I think I have now mentally figured it out, but haven't actually tried it. The cardigan will be fine as is. 

The colour of the yarn is 'marmalade'. I suspect that in an earlier era it would have been called 'tobacco', but that's no longer PC. 

4 comments:

  1. I Love it!!! Fudging worked 🤣🧡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pattern, the jacket will be beautiful and the classic style is never out of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I know it will be comfy and warm.

    ReplyDelete