Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ideas Magazine

Yesterday I bought the December issue of Ideas, a South African craft magazine. It has tatting in it! There's a page with photographs showing how to tat and three snowflake patterns. I suspect a person would be hard put to learn to tat from the directions, but I hope it will stimulate interest. Interestingly, the article uses the term 'double knot' rather than 'double stitch'. The magazine appears in an Afrikaans version and an English one, but they were wrapped in plastic, so I couldn't take a peek at the Afrikaans one to see what terms were used.

It was far too hot for take-along tatting yesterday, so I didn't get much done towards the market. I did make this simple bracelet to show off some beads that have been in my stash for a while.



9 comments:

  1. Strange or what? But I was thinking last night of making a bracelet like this with beads in the middle as I thought it would be relatively quick. Must do it now! Your beads go so well with the thread. Too hot oh how I envy you. The temp dropped below zero last night brrrrrrrr
    I hope people might be interested in learning to tat even if they can't understand the magazine instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, great minds think alike. It was quick. It came out wider than I visualised, but that was because I used size 10 thread.

      Delete
  2. The thread's a perfect match for those beads!~And it's hot here too, and going to get hotter - they have promised us a Heatwave, starting from tomorrow. Time to hibernate in the airconditioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer hot to cold, but what we really need is rain!

      Delete
  3. Interesting - I rarely see magazines with tatting. I love the beads you used with that thread - they look like they are a set :) I really need to make myself a bracelet to show off some tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! What a pretty combination of beads and thread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty!!! :) You did a great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beads are so unique, as well as being a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute little bracelet! Love those beads.

    ReplyDelete