Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Working It Out

I bought two lots of cotton yarn to make myself tops, so I've been looking on Pinterest for inspiration. I really like this top, but it couldn't track it back to a pattern. I did find instructions for the stitch on MyPicot crochet site, here. I experimented crocheting the stitch with three different size hooks.  I think the biggest one, 6 mm, is too loose and floppity. The smallest one, 4 mm, is not bad, but a bit stiff.  The goldilocks one is 4.5 mm, in the middle of my sample.

So I have the stitch, but not a pattern. I'm using my favourite knitted top as a template:

8 comments:

  1. This is nice, looks like ocean waves. Love how you work out your problems and display it☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on, Jane! You're good at this! Gonna be gorgeous!
    Katie V in NC USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good idea to use your favourite top as a guide! It's quite open and lacy, is there a special way of sewing the seams?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it is going to be so very pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your “Goldilocks” version. The stitching is very pretty and using a current top you have is a very good idea. Happy Crocheting...<3

    ReplyDelete