Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Pram Blanket




I used the double filet crochet technique that I learnt recently to make a little pram blanket. It measures 62 cm by 46 cm. I contemplated spinning wool for it, but decided to use a commercial 4-ply yarn instead. Because the fabric is double, I wanted a thin, consistent yarn so the blanket wouldn't finish up too thick and heavy, and to show the pattern off. I made use of Nichole Cupp's ZigZagging Reversible Hotpad pattern, enlarged obviously, to help me get the edges correct. It's important to start each row with the second colour in the right place, to finish up with a neat edge.  

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is SO Very pretty !!! Your colours and pattern are superb, as is your handiwork !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I've never heard of the double filet crochet. I'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is impressive work 💜💖💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Wonderful colors and gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely zig zag pattern. Not too heavy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be a very lucky baby in warmth and cozy double filet blanket.

    ReplyDelete