Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sleuthing

I'm contemplating the next blanket or Afghan. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration, but the patterns themselves can sometimes be difficult to track down. After some sleuthing, I found the flowers in a row pattern here and the triangles pattern here. I worked samples of both. I think I'll start with triangles and come back to the flowers. I think I prefer the triangle with the cream centre; seven different colours in each triangle might be a bit muddled. But the contemplation will continue as I spin the first batch of wool.

10 comments:

  1. Jane, you made wonderful work on your projects, I really love your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the cream center. This is going to be yet another lovely project ! Boy, you are quick :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pinned those same triangles 😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice! I don't think to go to Pinterest very often, probably because I can spend hours browsing and thinking about what I'd like to do instead of actually accomplishing something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cream center really looks nice. Will you alternate the triangles in the row?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,upside down next to each other to make a strip.

      Delete
  6. I like both of the patterns but may be you are right that to many colours will be to much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cream centres, brings out the other colours in the triangle, sometimes it takes a while to trace the patterns used but it can be worth while in the end. Pinterest brings a lot of ideas not all work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Those are neat samples!! :) Can't wait to see how beautiful it will be!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never done either of these crochet styles and I like them both. Happy Spinning...

    ReplyDelete