Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Raining

We have been suffering a severe drought, so rain is very welcome. We had a good shower on Christmas Day and then a couple of small showers, but this is the first 'rainy day' of the season. I can't complain. But it means that I can't carry on with the blanket until I can wash and dry the skeins of wool that I've just spun.
I still have half the strips to add to the blanket, and an edging to crochet. I don't think I've spun enough yarn to complete the job, so I can go on with spinning while the rain falls.

7 comments:

  1. I have a vision of you spinning away and the rain gently pattering on the window, probably all wrong, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm spinning in the rain, just spinning in the rain! What a glorious feeling! I'm happy again! ...just a little bit of humor that popped into my head when I read Craft Cat Corner's comment. :-)

    Isn't it nice to be able to shift gears to another creative endeavor? I have retired friends who have no interests other than watching t.v. They have no idea of how much fun they are missing! I hope you have a wonderful spinning day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, now I have the tune playing in my head. I need to clone myself to do all the things I want to do - can't sit and do nothing!!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for the rain! Spin, spin, spin and then tat for a while. Hate it though when things get in the way of a project, even if they're good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the rain off my place for a few more weeks - don't want it getting any colder ;-P
    I agree with all the above comments & imagery !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pic on your blog is as expected.."Happy days are here again.. everybody is feeling great with rain around"
    Refreshing to see the pic and your progress with the blanket..
    I would have ran out to smell the wet mud..
    Happy New Year to you all
    more onions, more strawberries .. and much more grass the cattle kids.

    ReplyDelete