An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Monday, January 30, 2017
Not Such A Good Idea
When I made Jack's work shirts, I had the bright idea that I would make the collars and pockets in different fabrics so that the shirts weren't all identical. Hmm. The pockets on two of them have worn out before the shirts themselves:
So it wasn't such a good idea after all. I'm allergic to mending, but replacing four pockets was going to take a lot less time and effort than making two new shirts, so I duly got on with it. I replaced the pockets with the original fabric:
The shirts have faded somewhat, but they're still in good condition. Next time I'll make sure that the contrast fabric is strong, instead of just paying attention to its pattern.