Friday, January 6, 2017

Cut!

I took a deep breath and began cutting the fabric away from round my  Hardanger bookmark. Actually, it's a little bit easier than cutting the squares. The outside is buttonhole stitch. The loop of thread at the end of the stitches covers the cut, so it doesn't need to be quite as precise. (Don't tell an expert I said that, Hardanger is all about precision) There are a lot of faults in here, but I've learnt from it and I'm happy with how it looks. Now to use those lessons into the next attempt....

13 comments:

  1. Perfect Precise Pristine .... Prize :-)

    What is the finished size ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous to me!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great. Everything is nice and even. Cutting is always the scariest part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much handwork and it is a stunnning finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a brave woman! Cutting fabric can be dangerous, but look how beautiful your results are! Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty bookmark. The faults you mention are not at all noticeable - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful bookmark, a lovely cream colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, not an easy thing to learn but your bookmark looks good and I can't see any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how neat and good it looks. Truly inspiring... for me, even if there are mistakes, it looks well accomplished

    ReplyDelete