An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Thursday, December 29, 2016
I originally worked out that I would need 140 crochet squares for a small blanket, 10 by 14. But I'm going to use a 2 cm wide joining row, so I reduced that to 117 - 9 squares by 13. And I've done them all! So this morning I laid them out on a table and shuffled them around for a while. I tried not to get too obsessive about the shuffling, just avoid having very similar squares next to each other. I was tempted to leave them in situ, but it'll take me a while to join them up and they'd be a bit of a nuisance in that time.
So I collected each short row into a pile and numbered the piles. I hope that will enable me to keep track of what goes where.