Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Enough (For Now)

Yesterday's motif forms the centre of this one, motif 45. In the book, the outer rounds are done in the same colour, but I think that obscures the rather interesting centre, so I used two colours. I thought ahead, for once, and climbed out from round 1 to round 2, but that was a mistake because the chain lost its tension and is pointy instead of curved. Ah well, I was too clever for my own good!

This motif is the last in section 2 of the book, the Tatted Artistry of Teiko Fujito: Motifs tatted with two shuttles. I think it's a good place take a break before I embark on Part 3: Motifs worked with three shuttles. That's almost two months I've been tatting away, it's time to knit or crochet or sew!

7 comments:

  1. You are a trouper! Lovely tatting all throughout. This one is very pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so amazing!!! :) You did a fabulous job on it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das Motiv sieht sehr schön aus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful and wow can't believe you have tatted this long with us not seeing wool stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job, love the two colors. When I am climbing to the next round those pesky chains always need some coaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this motif !!! Works well in 2 colours.
    My split chains took a lot of practice. They would become pointed, too.

    ReplyDelete