Six little flowers need to be made first in two colours! That's a lot of ends to deal with. Some thoughts: I tied the threads together with a reef knot so that I was just hiding the ends in the first ring and chain, rather than securing them.
I don't know if it's my imagination, but I think that if I snip the hidden thread after the first half of a ds, rather than after a complete stitch, I get a smoother look. I was a bit worried about dislodging the ends when I made the final join, so I cut the threads before making the join and then sewed them in instead of using a hook.
My easy thread needles do make the job a bit simpler!
Once the flowers were made, the rest of the tat went smoothly. Joining the little flowers in is perfectly straight forward.