Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dress for Annika

I was careful to keep all the pattern pieces in the same direction on the fabric, but now I think it was the wrong direction! It's not too serious, the strawberries go this way and that.

I have to confess I did a really stupid thing - didn't pay enough attention when I was trimming the neck/collar seam and snipped the dress! Luckily I could hide the hole with the collar. I sewed the collar down and sewed the edges of the hole to the underside of the collar:
Honestly, after nearly 50 years of sewing, I should know better!

10 comments:

  1. Been there and done that :) Great repair and fine job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, pretty pretty ! Can't see anything wrong with the direction of strawberries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely! Very delicate. I wonder how many times a day I say, "honestly, you'd think I'd know better..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is adorable, no matter which way the strawberries go! I've snipped in the wrong place several times myself. Last year I caught a brand new shirt in my scissors while snipping a tatting thread. Somehow, life goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have accidentally cut my tatting when snipping the threads - I think it happens to everyone, but you were able to fix it with some very neat stitches! I have been dabbling in embroidery recently, and I have read advice to always hold your scissors horizontal to the work when cutting anything - it's a good safeguard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always admire those that sew. I don't own a sewing machine so anything sewn here is done by hand. I am very good at buttons and hems of pants. Annika will look so pretty in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress looks very pretty, it is a shame about the mistake but it is well hidden. Your granddaughter will look lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete