Friday, May 6, 2016

Motif 6

This is motif 6 from The Tatted Artistry of Teiko Fujito. I had a couple of false starts on this one. On my first attempt to tat the motif, there was no way I could 'square the circle'; there was a big gap between last ring and first. I adjusted the length of the picots and bare spaces are tried again. Fine. I did two motifs and then realised I didn't have enough matching thread for 8 motifs. I could've joined the motifs in a different way, but I rather like this arrangement shown in the book, it's unusual. So I started again. I like it. This is the last of the 'one shuttle only' motifs, I think.

5 comments:

  1. When I first looked at this picture, I saw two motifs, two large Xs. I had never seen an X motif before! It took a few seconds for me to realize that it's eight motifs that look like two Xs when joined. Very cool! I love the color you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On first glance, it looked like a cross (4 motifs) !
    I like the simple beauty & shape of each motif.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unusual and interesting. I wonder how several of these would look joined together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design and. Love that colour.... This is so much fun to watch unfold.

    ReplyDelete