Friday, February 19, 2016

Magic Loop Sleeves

The pattern  is a trifle vague when it comes to the sleeves. It says to use a 16" circular needle and 'decrease one stitch at the beginning and end of the round every inch or so'. I suspect the needle would be too long for the number of stitches by the time I reached the wrist. Rather than find double pointed needles in two sizes, I'm using the same needle I used for the body and using the magic loop method. I also worked out a bit more carefully where the decreases should be. I've scribbled it down on the pattern so that I can get the two sleeves the same:

6 comments:

  1. Magic loop is my fave method for knitting in the rounds :). Looking forward to seeing more pics :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! I would have kept knitting until I needed my dp needles and if I couldn't find them, I'd go buy another cheap set. I know I never would have thought of using the magic loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes a lot of sense! Will you comment on this on the pattern? I'm sure others would happily profit from your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such patience you have, I gave up knitting large items years ago.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this before ! Need to do some searching ....
    I, too, calculate & jot down the rows where shaping us required to equally space the altered stitches. And then place a marker.
    Looking very soft and comfortable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magic loop isn't one of my favourite methods of knitting but it looks like you have got it mastered!

    ReplyDelete