Friday, February 26, 2016

Done in Time


Aha, I can tick 'finish Penny's jersey' off my to-do list. The great thing about working it all in one is that I don't have to sew pieces together.  To recap, the yarn is wool that I spun on my Ashford spinningwheel. The pattern is The Incredible, Custom-fit Raglan Sweater by Pamela Costello. It is worked in the round from the neck down, which is unusual, but works perfectly fine. I think one would need some knitting experience to use the pattern, which is more a blueprint for designing a sweater than a pattern as such. Having said that, the blueprint is clear and if you take all the required measurements and follow the steps given, it works well. I thought the sleeve instructions were a bit skimpy, but I guess once you've got that far you can work it out for yourself. I'm pleased with how it turned out. I hope Penny will be too.

10 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I could change my name to Penny if you like! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Gorgeous ! She will be pleased for sure :-)
    Loved the little owl bookmarks, too. These are the little things that make Grandmas such a hit with the little ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I have not been blogging as much and you sure get a lot done love the soft look and the ribbing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A labour of love! It takes skill to make something this complicated look so pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater looks wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful, well done, these neck downward patterns sure do work up quickly I have now finished two cardigans ready to blog when I have sewn the buttons on
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks splendid! I. Sure she will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks spectacular!! Penny will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made a beautiful job of this jumper!

    ReplyDelete