Thursday, January 21, 2016

Left Overs

I was a bit heavy handed when I dyed wool for the sailing socks and I had some blue and grey wool left over:
I decided to combine it with natural to make it go a bit further:
So I spun one thread of each colour and then plied them together.

The grey wool ran out before the blue, so I combined the blue with two threads of white.
I haven't decided quite what to do with the yarn, I wanted to see what yarn I finished up with. I still have to wash the yarn. One thing that can be said for hot, dry weather is that it's good for drying wool. It's raining lightly now, so the washing will have to wait. 

8 comments:

  1. Very clever! I like the effect of the different colors plied together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be so much satisfaction in spinning and dying your own yarn, this lot looks lovely
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wool is such a nice colour Jane, I am sure that you will find something nice to knit with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This yarn looks so good and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that you will make something wonderful with them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you make with this yarn :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous shades & yarn !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Heavens...your spun yarn looks delicious! Just like cotton candy with its soft spun delight.

    ReplyDelete