Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hats

Many years ago, I was given a hat that had hessian on the outside and a lining in floral fabric. It was an excellent hat, so I made a pattern from it, which I have made many times. I usually use fabric on both sides so that it is reversible. The one on the left is like that. But I thought that for a craft group competition, I would make a hat like the original. I made two, so that I could choose the best one for the competition and give the nearly best one as a gift. You can see I've pinned the sides of the hats up with a tatted flower, and some interesting long leaf pins that my sister-in-law sent me. Here's a closer view:
And a view of the inside of the hats:

10 comments:

  1. Sooo.... there was a plan for this flower, and looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hats and great flowers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hats and these are wonderful. The tatted flower with leaf pin looks perfect on this fabric. Creative Hat Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hats! I suppose it is summer now at your place:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you Can't do, Jane :-)
    Very pretty ! Love the decorative flower & pin....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hessian is a new word for me. In the US, we call it burlap. LOVE the hat pattern!! Beautifully done! I have some burlap/hessian lying around. Maybe I should try it!
    Katie V in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hats! I've never tried making a hat. Maybe I should put it on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This time of year we need knitted caps to protect against the cold, but these would work well for summer and spring sunny days. Love that they are reversible with tatting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tatting looks great with that hat and leaf pin. : ) Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete