Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Stitch By Stitch

I think (I hope!) the key to steeking must be to think of the structure of knitting. I'm securing each stitch alongside where I'm going to cut the fabric. I'm using sewing thread because I don't want to add bulk. Teresa advised me to twist the stitches each side of the planned cut as I knitted. I can see the sense of that, but I was too far along by the time I read her comment and thought I had better continue as I began. This process is going to take a while, so I had better get back to it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm anxious for you! I'm sure it will be great though. This really a lovely cardigan, the pattern and the colors are so pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I have never done, my heart would be in my mouth, at least they are both the same when knitted together, knowing my luck the wool would run and I woukd lose my stitches
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete