An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
The cotton yarn I am using to knit the Frost Flowers Top is thinner than that used by Lankakomero in the original. To compensate, I cast on an extra pattern repeat, which was easy enough. But when I got the armholes, I realised that I'd have to make adjustments or the armholes would be too small. Hmmm. Casting off an extra half pattern repeat would be too much. But the cast off needs to take the pattern repeats into account, I can't just cast off any old number. What I've done is to cast off an extra 3 stitches but make the garter stitch edging 5 stitches wide instead of 8, so that the pattern stitches start at the same place as the chart. I'll have to finish the back before I really see whether this works. Fingers crossed..