Saturday, September 6, 2014

Knitted

I have knitted some of the Spring colours wool. For the fingerless gloves I used a pattern called 'Leaves', designed by Valentina Georgieva. It's a nice, easy pattern that I've used before. The idea for the headbands came from a young neighbour, who is moving to a very cold part of the country and has been making headbands to keep her ears warm.  Yesterday I made two little headbands for another neighbour's daughters. They have a new baby sister, for whom I made a kimono shirt, using a pattern from The Purl Bee . The flower is Martha Ess's pattern, using folded rings. It neatly hides the velcro closure.


10 comments:

  1. love these! - the little baby set could have been bought from an upmarket boutique, lucky recipient - and the new mother will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gloves and the head bands are a good idea for keeping your ears warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts! Love rhe colours and the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will need an extra suitcase for all these pretty gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of knitted headbands for my granddaughters. Those soft colors are so appealing! Did you follow a pattern for the headbands, or design your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit of experimentation. Provisional cast on, 16 stitches for adult, 12 for little ones, garter stitch for 45 cm adult, 40 cm child, graft ends together. The flowers are forget-me-not from Little Treasures blog. Voila!

      Delete
  6. Your yarn is gorgeous! Such lovely gifts.....

    ReplyDelete