Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Emptying Bobbins

 
 As with tatting, I sometimes have to empty bobbins before beginning a new project. I had a little blue and brown left from the last lot of spinning I did. So I spun half a bobbin of natural and  plyed it with the blue and then the brown. There's very little of the brown mix, but I should be able to crochet a few flowers with it. With the blue/natural I'm making fingerless gloves, adapting a sock pattern. My spinningwheel is now all set for the next project:

3 comments:

  1. Pretty Blue - I do enjoy watching your magical spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your spinning! I haven't got the knack yet, but I have been practicing. I'm sure it will be a lot like tatting... one day the lightbulb will go on and I'll wonder why it took me so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with tatting, spinning can be quite frustrating until that light bulb comes on, so good luck, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete