Saturday, August 16, 2014

Testing an Idea

I'm working on Reservoir Mitts by Allyson Dykhuizen, published by Interweave Press. I really like how the back of the mitt in entrelac has turned out. But I don't like the rest of the pattern. To me it looks bitty and 'stuck together'. I thought of an entirely different way to knit the palm.
Hmmm. The principle is fine, but I've put the thumb gusset too low down. I've unraveled that first attempt and started again, noting where the thumb gusset should start, and making a few other minor adjustments. The work in progress looks a bit strange, but I hope it will work.


  1. Love the colours, I did a jacket with this pattern (the top one) but it was so long it's like a coat on me. Your idea of changing the pattern looks good.

  2. Kudos to you! When I run into a problem with a pattern, I usually just chuck it. The colors you're using are beautiful!

  3. I love that design and the colors!!! :)